This key annual gathering, brought to you by the Information & Records Management Society (IRMS) is an unmissable event for information professionals to take part in dynamic discussions about key challenges, industry innovations and best practices.
With inspirational speakers discussing topics including GDPR, Office 365, Sharepoint and Cyber Security, the 2017 Conference is sure to provide an unbeatable insight into the key challenges surrounding this critical resource.
This year, Wisdom will be occupying a stand at the Conference, taking place on 21st – 23rd May 2017 in the center of Glasgow. We would be delighted for you to drop by the stand and engage with us, ask us questions or even just pop by for a free pen!
As ‘Records Management Product of the Year*’, Wisdom is a leading provider in efficient document management and improving business processes in the UK public sector. Available on premise, on mobile and in the Cloud, Wisdom offers a secure, compliant, integrated approach to records management.
If you’re registered already and would like to schedule a 1:1 meeting with Wisdom, please e-mail: Danielle.email@example.com
*voted for at the Document Manager Awards, November 2016.
Coming up on 19th January 2017 Wisdom will be holding a user group day for a selection of our clients who use both Orchard Information Systems as their housing management system and Kofax as their scanning system.
One of our main aims to come out of holding this day is to inspire networking between our clients. We know that learning by example is invaluable and during our user group we encourage our clients to share their learnings and experience with each other.
We will be asking questions to our clients in order to discover:
- Their general attitude to and knowledge of the systems
- Methods and best practice
- Any training and support they may benefit from
As well as helping our clients, the learnings that come out of this user group will enable us to provide a better, more integrated service with our partners. It also helps feed requirements into our Wisdom Roadmap and shape the way we move our business forward.
If you are a client who would benefit from a focus group day or forum, please let your Account Manager know.
By now, most will have heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into affect in May 2018. For those who have not, it is a new regulation brought in by the European Commission to strengthen Data protection in the EU.
So, what will the GDPR do? It will:
- Affect collection, retention, storage and disposal of data
- Strengthen and unify data protection
- Create tighter retention policy enforcement
- You may need to employ a Data Protection Officer
What happens if you do not comply?
Fines based on a tiered fine structure will be imposed. For example, a company can be fined up to 2% for not having their records in order (article 28). Potential Penalties include being sanctioned up to 4% of your worldwide revenue.
How Wisdom can help
‘Integrated Document and Records Management is safest for regulatory compliance’
Source: Jon Wainwright, ‘The EU General Data Protection Regulation has put records management back on the business agenda
- Monitor documents and provide full audit trials
- Provide automatic version control
- Apply different security levels to documents, records and folders
- Protect your file plan with tiered security
- Manage both Electronic and Paper documents to minimise risk of breach and loss
- Automate workflows to reduce manual intervention
- Work with your Data Protection Officer
- Protect sensitive data
- Control access to confidential documents and records
- Deliver powerful search facilities to make answering FOI requests quick and easy
- Ensure data is kept no longer than necessary by applying automatic retention policies
- Create retention and disposal schedules and prompts to ensure compliance
If you would like to gather further information on how our Wisdom electronic Document and Records Management software can help you comply with the imposing GDPR, please contact:
Andy Brown, Sales Director Andy.firstname.lastname@example.org